Re: Questions regarding advance online publications

I believe taxonomic publications in PLoS have met the requirements for validity, I wouldn't know about Palaeontologia Electronica.

PE publications are valid; the first time three foram genera were published in PE, there was a short note about that in Science* which underscored both the novelty of the approach and that the names were valid because PE followed the 5-CDs-in-5-libraries requirement.

* Hm. I'm very sure it was Science. This almost proves it was actually Nature...