Scaphognathus Clarification Request (Wellnhofer error?)

New thread because this might be useful to someone. Anyway, Rob Taylor sent me
an excerpt of "Wagner, J. A. 1861 Übersicht über die fossilen Reptilen des
lithographischen Schiefers in Bayern nach ihren Gattungen und Arten.. Sber. k.
bayer. Akad. Wiss. math.-phys. Kl." The first words of the Scaphognathus
description are "Schwanz unbekannt," which apparently translates to "tail
unknown."

That's interesting because Wellnhofer's book said that it was the discovery of
the second specimen whose tail was preserved (unlike the first) that prompted
the realization that it was a rhamphorhynchid and thus not a Pterodactylus
species, which in turn prompted the erection of the new genus.

Sadly I'm not a German speaker, so I can't read the document, but just going on
the "tail unknown" it looks like Dr. Wellnhofer may have erred regarding the
circumstances of the erection of Scaphognathus. That or I'm just confused. Can
anyone clear this up for me?