Re: Scaphognathus Clarification Request (Wellnhofer error?)

"Schwanz unbekannt," which apparently translates to "tail unknown."

Correct.

Sadly I'm not a German speaker, so I can't read the document, but just going on the "tail unknown" it looks like Dr. Wellnhofer may have erred regarding the circumstances of the erection of Scaphognathus. That or I'm just confused. Can anyone clear this up for me?

If it's in an electronic format, send it to me, and I'll work it out over the weekend...