Re: Holzmaden Formation?

I always thought it was Posidonia Shale Formation.
DM

When someone says a fossil originated from Holzmaden, what geologic formation would that be? It's weird how they no one ever seems to specify. The obvious guess would be that they're referring to a "Holzmaden Formation" named after the town, but Googling that brings up a mere 58 results, with one of the top 5 being about the Pseudoscience Which Must Not be Named. That number sounds suspiciously small for such a well-publicized fossil site, so I'm having doubts. What *is* the formation of origin for "Holzmaden" fossils?