Re: Long-necked stegosaur, head tail mimicry?

Mike Taylor wrote:

> I'm not going to get sucked into this.

That sounds a little ominous.  It's a discussion of phylogenetic taxonomy,
Mike; not the Mafia.  ;-)

> Happily, Upchurch and Wilson agree with me.

Ah well.  Looks like its fairwell Euhelopodidae then.  :-(

> As does Barosaurus -- see McIntosh's (2005) article in
> Thunder Lizards.

Yep, thanks; David M. pointed out _Barosaurus_ as well.  15 cervical and 10
dorsal vertebrae are standard for diplodocids (Wilson 2005), but (among known
diplodocids) _Barosaurus_ is exceptional in having 16 cervical and 9 dorsal
vertebrae (your McIntosh ref).

Cheers

Tim