RE: Edmontosaurus collection returned to Standing Rock Sioux

Sloppy reporting of the worse kind!  What exactly was an archaeology
department doing with 14,000 dinosaur bones?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Taylor [mailto:mike@indexdata.com]
Sent: 13 March 2009 11:59
To: VRTPALEO@usc.edu
Cc: DML
Subject: Edmontosaurus collection returned to Standing Rock Sioux

Dan Chure writes:
 > The Concordian College collection of Edmontosaurus bones, number nearly
 > 14,100 elements, has been returned to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe of
 > South Dakota.  Details can be read at:
 >
 > http://www.livewiredj.net/concordian/pacercms/article.php?id=718

What a travesty.  I wonder how many of the kinds who volunteered in
this effort are never going to do so again.

> "We found out that you can't just go by their word," Nellermoe said.

There's a world of bitterness wrapped up in that quote.

Let's hope the Sioux tribe's palaeontologists get publishing on this
material quickly, then.

)_v__/\  "It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing,
         but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous"
         -- Robert Benchley.