Re: AW: Heterodontosaurid with protofeathers

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, don ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> More seriously: color often does not matter as much as
> silhouette and texture in camo, even as used today. Deer
> camo works in dayglo orange, as example. Not something a
> sniper would choose, of course.

Most mammals are colorblind, with primates having re-evolved a pigment
sensitive to another wavelength of light.

We should assume Dinosaurs had an excellent sense of color, as birds do today,
and that dayglo orange would most definitely stand out as much to a predator or
prey as it does to us (but not colorblind deer).