Re: sort o' ot -- maybe some good news on extant dino's and towers

----- Original Message ----- From: "jrc" <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
To: <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: sort o' ot -- maybe some good news on extant dino's and towers

What would be an acceptable swap-off rate between reduced avian fatalites and increased human fatalities? Some of these towers stick up a half mile above ground level and many general aviation aircraft cruise lower than that. Other towers that don't stick up so far, are close enough to airstrips to be above the flight path for landing and taking off. Would one to one be about right, or should we be prepared to sacrifice more birds than humans?

On a loosely related subject, how should birds be protected from tower guy wires? At least we pilots know the approximate angle at which the unlit guy wires diverge from the tower.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "don ohmes" <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>