From: jrc <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: sort o' ot -- maybe some good news on extant dino's and towers
To: d_ohmes@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 12:39 PM
What would be an acceptable swap-off rate between reduced
avian fatalites and increased human fatalities? Some of
these towers stick up a half mile above ground level and
many general aviation aircraft cruise lower than that.
Other towers that don't stick up so far, are close
enough to airstrips to be above the flight path for landing
and taking off. Would one to one be about right, or should
we be prepared to sacrifice more birds than humans?

On a loosely related subject, how should birds be protected
from tower guy wires?  At least we pilots know the
approximate angle at which the unlit guy wires diverge from
the tower.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "don ohmes"
<d_ohmes@yahoo.com>