Re: Birds vs. Jets

Wouldn't the problem be more one of severely disrupting the flow over the stators and compressor blades, even with a clean grid?
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Edels" <edels@msn.com>
To: "Mark Hallett" <marksabercat@yahoo.com>; "Don Ohmes" <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 3:00 PM
Subject: RE: Birds vs. Jets

Mark:

I believe the problem with that idea is keeping the proposed grid clean during a flight (especially if the flight is long). The build-up on the grid will eventual reduce, if not completely block the airflow. I'm sure that there is a way (automatic cleaning, etc.), but it will be quite a while until it can be designed and tested, let alone implemented at an acceptable price.