Re: Dinosaur Wars in Smithsonian magazine

These articles always drop the same famous names, although there isn't any
corroboration on their "collections".  You would think that they would be
outwardly supportive of paleontology if they were such big fossil  fans.

Mary

In a message dated 3/21/2009 3:15:09 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
ddkrentz@charter.net writes:
I have 5 words for  Harrison Ford..." It Belongs In a Museum!"

On Mar 21, 2009, at  11:07 AM, Dan Chure wrote:

> "Dinosaur Wars" is the cover story for  the April 2009 issue of
> Smithsonian Magazine. This is a longer  piece on commercial and
> illegal collecting of vertebrate fossils,  Hollywood stars who are
> big collectors of fossils,  etc.
>
> Notable quote:
> "The real action, however, is in the  big vertebrates: dinosaurs that
> roamed the earth between 65  million and 220 million years ago. These
> are the specimens  attracting the high rollersâserious collectors.
> Actors Harrison  Ford and Nicolas Cage, for example, are rumored to
> have  impressive collections."
>

> It is available on-line  at:
>
>  http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/41381902.html
>
>  Dan