Re: JVP Eothyris and Oedaleops, Reisz et al. 2009

Sounds like a very interesting and very useful paper...!

Unfortunate that Reisz, Godfrey and Scott chose only various synapsids, 'Reptilia' and 'Diadectomorpha' to test the phylogenetic placement of Eothyris and Oedaleops. Not much of a test here. I see only tradition with traditional exclusions.

Just wait for my thesis.

(Except... I'm currently working on the chapter on the origin of lissamphibians, and that's the kind of work that expands so as to fill the time available for its completion...)

There are closer sister taxa among excluded clades. Just look for another non-synapsid clade with a synapsid-like temporal pattern

There ain't none, off the top of my head. Well... *Acleistorhinus* comes close, but that basically is it.