Re: JVP - Doswellia - Dilkes and Sues 2009

Several referees have rejected several papers of mine - principally- because I had not visited every specimen on my inclusion list. And the editors concurred.

I know neither the referees nor the editors in any of these cases*, but I think you misunderstood them: you made grandiose new claims on the interpretation of specimens that you hadn't seen, and this understandably leads to rejection. If you had merely used the descriptions as-is to make your data matrices, nobody would have used that as grounds for rejection.

* Well, in one case I do know one of the referees, but I've never seen his review, and he hasn't told me about anything other than his disapproval for the reasons I had already previously mentioned here on this list years ago.