When is secondary feature not a secondary feature?

 I'm pretty sure its the right word.

Example first: cold-blooded reptiles gave rise to warm-blooded descendants,
which gave rise to cold-blooded crocodilians - crocs are secondarily
ectothermic.

Question:  is there an upper limit to how much time may pass between the first
and last?  IE, if an island species of Cetiosaurs or Titanosaurs had returned
to the omnivory/carnivory of their pre-Sauropod ancestors, would we say that
they are "secondarily-carnivorous Titanosaurs"?  or would we simply say they
are "carnivorous Titanosaurs"?

thank you.

Internet Explorer 8 – Get your Hotmail Accelerated.  Download free!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/141323790/direct/01/