Re: Size of *Neoceratodus africanus* and/or *N. tuberculatus*

"Taking into account common lifestyle, there should be no great
simmilarities, because spino and shoebill are completely different
morphs, the most important difference being the size."

Indeed, and it also bears mentioning that the lungfish in question
were (much) larger than the shoebill itself. The mechanics of
targeting and capturing them would likely be rather different.

Further, shoebills never had the opportunity to evolve suitable teeth
with which to catch prey, so the head/beak morphology isn't something
we should be getting hung up on either.

Regarding the heron parallels, I was trying like mad to find online
footage of a heron species known to stalk doves (and drown them
because it doesn't have the equipment to handle them otherwise). I
think it might be the black-headed heron, which is known to eat
insects, frogs, lots of rodents, and small birds - I know it was an
African-grassland species, at the very least.

The point was to demonstrate that herons can be quite catholic in
their prey choice, and so the head/neck similarities between them and
spinosaurs could make herons reasonable analogues in at least some
respects.

And if anyone can find footage of that heron, please contact me. Its
crouched stalking of doves is the only example I can think of wherein
we can see a dinosaur using a terrestrial stalk to snag prey.