Re: Size of *Neoceratodus africanus* and/or *N. tuberculatus*

I might suggest that the young did indeed focus on fish for their main diet but
the largest adults turned into greater opportunists over time. If great
predators such as this were seasonal hunters and knew when certain lakes dried
up where and when then suddenly great size is a huge advantage. The giant can
stay and eat the easy to catch fish leaving the smaller Spinosaurs hungry.
Sometimes if a lake isn't completely dry but merely shallow or if there is a
bottle neck in a river then the largest Spinosaurs, still holding sway the way
the biggest meanest bears take the best fishing spots, then their giant well
formed fishing jaws would still come in handy for opportunistic fishing.

During extreme food shortages only the very biggest live.

Drew Simpson