Re: Size of *Neoceratodus africanus* and/or *N. tuberculatus*

True, Don. But conical teeth and increase in range of potential prey
size would not imply the biggest spinosaurids ate tetrapods comparable
in size to themselves. It would just suggest that they may have preyed
upon something proportionately larger than smaller spinosaurs.

I do not consider that for reaching big size spinosaurs have to eat
relatively large prey. If smaller prey are more numerous, they can be
preferrable and will provide with more available fodder. For example,
there are ecosystems where salamanders provide a greater total biomass
than much larger species of mammals (Pough et al., 1996, Vertebrate
Life - I expect the book citation is right). With this I do not say
the larger spinosaurs ate salamanders.