Cetiosaurus type species -- ICZN petition

Dear dinosaur workers (and other vertebrate palaeontologists),

A few years back, Upchurch and Martin (2003: 215) outlined the
taxonomic mess surrounding the historically important sauropod
Cetiosaurus, and promised to submit a petition to the ICZN to conserve
the widespread usage of that name based on the well-known type species
Cetiosaurus oxoniensis (as opposed to the relatively poorly
represented C. medius or C. brevis).

That petition is published today (Upchurch et al. 2009), and is
available as a PDF at:

http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/pubs/upchurch-et-al-2009/UpchurchEtAl2009-BZN-case-3472-cetiosaurus-type-species-oxoniensis.pdf

The Commission solicits comments, which they will take into account in
deciding whether to follow our recommendation and set aside strict
priority in this case, in order to promote stability of meaning in the
literature.  If you have an opinion one way or the other, please send
it to the Executive Secretary, I.C.Z.N., c/o Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, U.K. (e-mail: iczn@nhm.ac.uk).
Examples of previous published comments can be seen here:
        http://www.iczn.org/BZNDec2008comments.html

Thanks,

)_v__/\  "I don't have to do this job, you know.  I'm a fully qualified
         brain-surgeon.  I only do this job because I like being my own
         boss" -- _Parrot Sketch_, Monty Python's Flying Circus.