Re: Size of *Neoceratodus africanus* and ...

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Tim Williams <tijawi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> P.S.  I would use the term "shark-like teeth"
> advisedly, given that sharks show a huge variation in the
> size and shape of their teeth.  Even among predatory sharks
> - such as a great white, tiger shark, and grey nurse
> (sandtiger) - the morphology of the teeth can be very
> distinctive.

It is true that some sharks have teeth that function as holders or hooks. I
will start adding "serrated" to be more certain that everybody understands I am
referring to animals equipped w/ knives rather than hooks. That way I will
confuse only true shark experts.