Re: Size of *Neoceratodus africanus* and ...

--- On Sat, 5/2/09, David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

> > --- On Tue, 3/31/09, Dann Pigdon
> <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> catching fish,
> lot of shallow
> be competing
> menu. Especially
> fish. Reason enough
> high degree of
> >>
> >> Deinosuchus would have laughed at a
> spinosaur's
> >> 'large size'.
> >
> > Assuming a Deinosuchus equivalent actually _was_
> coeval w/ the conical-toothed spinosaurs, which wouldn't
> be surprising;
>
> I hope someone mentioned *Sarcosuchus*, but I can't
> find if anyone did.

Actually, in the context of _eating_ a spinosaurid, *Sarcosuchus* and
*Deinosuchus* are not exactly equivalent, the former being gavial-like, and the
latter built w/ a broad and powerful skull. I assumed at the time that this was
why Pigdonn mentioned *Deinosuchus* only...