RE: Aquatic spinosaurs (was Size of *Neoceratodus africanus*)

Quoting Christophe Hendrickx <nekarius@hotmail.com>:

> We now have the certainty there were semi-aquatic dinosaurs, spending mostly
> their time into
> water, as crocodiles and turtles do
> (http://spinosauridae.fr.gd/Actualit-e2--des-Spinosauridae.htm, see the
> abstract "Were some
> dinosaurs aquatic?").
> I know it won't be surprising for some of you but we have to admit
> spinosaurids are usually seen
> as terrestrial animals and this was a matter of debate recently
> (http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/02/month_in_dinosaurs_part_i.php).

I recall a story many years ago of a webbed theropod track having been found
somewhere along
the coast of Western Australia. I'm sure I've got something at home about it.

Given the presence of spinosaurs in Africa and South America, I wouldn't be
surprised if they were
present in Australia as well.

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist              http://dannsdinosaurs.dyn-o-saur.com