Re: Aquatic Origin of birds (was Aquatic spinosaurs (was Size of *Neoceratodus africanus*))

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the earliest specimens of Archaeopteryx found in aquatic deposits from ecosystems relatively devoid of trees? Factoring in Archie's crocodilian/spinosaurid-like (pisciviorous?) conical-esque teeth and the possible non-feathering of the humerus, this theory is only held back ever so slightly by the fact that the tail was already fully feathered.