Re: Vulture warm up

On 6-May-09, at 6:20 PM, Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

According to my sources, the TV's body temperature lowers by about 6
degrees C at night, so warm-up may be part of the component. Drying the wings
and baking-off bacteria are also possibilities. This posture is termed the
"horaltic pose". Anhingas and cormorants often pose in this fashion for wing
drying...

Quick thought, do any non-black[ish] birds engage in this behavior? I've seen video of crows doing it to, but next to smoke/flames.