Re: Vulture warm up

Chaps,

There is quite an extensive literature on avian thermoregulation - far too many
papers to list here. However, I will suggest that this:

CLARK, R. G. AND OHMART, R. D. 1985. SPREAD-WINGED POSTURE OF TURKEY VULTURES:
SINGLE OR MULTIPLE FUNCTION? The Condor 87:350-355

may make good reading. There's another paper that describes vultures being
chucked into increasingly warm rooms with no water and their thermoregulatory
any details about the authors, journal or title, though.

Anyway, hope that's useful.

Mark

--

Dr. Mark Witton