Re: Vulture warm up

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Amtoine Grant wrote:

On 6-May-09, at 6:20 PM, Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

According to my sources, the  TV's body temperature lowers by about 6
degrees C at night, so warm-up may  be part of the component.
Drying the wings
and baking-off bacteria are also  possibilities. This posture is
termed the
"horaltic pose". Anhingas and  cormorants often pose in this
fashion for wing
drying...

Quick thought, do any non-black[ish] birds engage in this behavior? I've seen video of crows doing it to, but next to smoke/flames.

Smoke and flames? To deal with parasites?