Re: Vulture warm up

Raymond Ancog wrote:

> [snip] we started raising chickens in the
> backyard [snip] and I see them basking in the
> sun, lying on one side, with the wing unfurled.
> Any fellow chicken owners observed this?

Yes. Years ago when we had chickens I noticed they liked to do it after a
vigorous dust bath. They would work a comfy pit into the dry dirt, usually
against the coop wall were it was warm and sunny, then slump to one side
and luxuriate there in the sun with one wing extended. I can't recall if
they ever did it on cool or overcast days.

BTW, our birds were, unfortunately, ridden with mites and lice.

-- Donna Braginetz