Re: Prolacertiformes and Protorosauria

> That's not how it works. In the ICZN, precedence does not apply
> above the family group of ranks; the PhyloCode still isn't
> implemented and won't be retroactive. So, do what you want.

True.  But it's still at least _polite_ to follow priority of clade
definitions in the absence of a compelling reason not to.

Yes. I should have added "but think long and hard about what you really want".

For example, it's not even clear whether *Prolacerta* and *Protorosaurus* form a clade that excludes the archosaurs...