Re: Pneumaticity in Triassic pterosaurs

As far as I know, you can submit asame matrix with binary characters
to perform either phenetic or phylogenetic algorythms. Phenetic and
phylogenetic analyses are obviously different, based on different
phylosophies and implementing different algorythms, and generally
leading to topologically different trees, but this does not mean that
the same matrices can not be used for both.

I am not aware if in phenetics step-matrix and continuous characters
can be employed, but all these can be made binary, so I guess that
phenetic algorythms can be applied to all data matrices. In case
someone wants to do so, of course, for the utility of phenetics have
been discredited not only in phylogenetics.