Re: Prolacertiformes and Protorosauria

David Marjanovic writes:
 > I can't find the comment anymore where you say that if you can make
 > an analysis of amniote phylogeny in extremely little time, then so
 > can I.  Anyway, my point is that _you can't_. Finding out which
 > characters are correlated is _necessary_, and it's work you simply
 > didn't do.

No, wait, what?  You can't go throwing out characters just because
they're correlated -- only if you can see a functional connection that
indicates that you're effectively coding the same character twice.
But it's perfectly possible that two unconnected characters might
happen to be correlated by coincidence, in which case they are both
parsimony-informative.

No?

)_v__/\  "This control [...] would permit the construction of a worm of
         unparalleled devastation" -- Security firm @Stake, describing
         a security hole in Microsoft's dam' _paperclip_.  I ask you.