Re: Chanaresuchus palate question

I suppose the rostral pair of "choanae" may be something more similar
to the foramen incisivum of crocodiles (Iordansky, 1973, The Skull of
the Crocodilia, in Biology of the Reptilia vol 4). It may not have to
do with the vomeronasal organ, which is not developed in adult
archosaurs as far as I can remember.
Anyway, the palate is somewhat distorted and Romer reconstructed it.
The left jaw partially overlaps the palate, and the vomers are broken
and somewhat disarticulated. I am not sure there are sepate incisive
foramen and choanae. Here you have two photos of the holotype, ULR 05
(sorry the lack of expertise with photos).
*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *