Re: Query on so-called "correlated" characters, reply

I wrote:

Actually, you might be able to try it yourself. You know the tetrapod matrix by Ruta & Coates (2007)? It is chock full of correlated characters. Maybe you should try playing with it. Speaking from experience, it doesn't take much to tip the topology over.

While I'm already at bad-mouthing other people's matrices, the big amniote one by Hill (2005) is another example of atomized characters. No idea what happens when you fix that, though -- what I'm doing is to merge that matrix with several others and then merge all the correlated characters.