Re: Theft of dinosaur bones from Glen Canyon National Recreation Area

> Sorry if i upset anyone with my not-too-well-considered post
> earlier today.
>
> We could do an interesting study from this, though. We could
> tally how many people replied [negatively] to the post,
> divide by the total number of subscribers to the DML, and
> find out what percentage of the general population doesn't
> have a sense of humor.

To paraphrase:
"I'm sorry, but everyone who complained has no sense of humour."

This "apology" sets a new standard for back-handed double-talk.

If you don't mean an apology, don't give it.

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin BÃker
                   Institut fÃr Werkstoffe
                   Technische UniversitÃt Braunschweig
                   Langer Kamp 8