Re: Darwin's young dead pet from Messel

I suppose there is a soon to be released action figure of Darwinius in the works. Put in on the table -- flick its tail --- who can get it to land highest in the houseplants?

Dan

Jeff Hecht wrote:
The New York Times has an interesting commentary about the hype associated with this release at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/business/media/19fossil.html?hp .

The press release I saw was rather hyped, presumably because it's about to be the subject of a documentary called "The Link". As in missing. The paper is in PLOS ONE at <http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0005723#s5>
with some impressive photos. There is a cladogram, but it's buried in the supplementary material. It includes three genera.