To: "DML" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 10:37 AM
Subject: FW: Leaned something new! RE: Some Data ....

<1257024771.4aecad03dc4f1@webmail.chariot.com.au>

As a side note here=2C even perfectly formed undamaged fossils
can on occasion turn instantly soggy by simply adding a preservative
whilest in the field. You can instantly turn fossils into mush by
doing so. It would appear that if they are laced with 1000s of tiny microsc=
opic fractures and you add a liquid=2C they will flow. One has=20
to add preservatives one drop at a time=2C allowing each drop to harden
before applying the next application. I believe this is the reason most
fossils are destroyed when amateurs attempt to recover them.  --dale=20