FW: Leaned something new! RE: Some Data ....

 <935608.17718.qm@web27203.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>

=20
=20

> Date: Sun=2C 1 Nov 2009 17:08:06 +0000
> From: df9465@yahoo.co.uk
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Leaned something new! RE: Some Data ....

we used to do it 30 years ago in the field when I retired. It was
painful but I hope newer better techniques now prevail. --dale=20

your fossils fall apart (especially initially) as acetone breaks down the v=
an de waals forces that bind clays together. Hence adding the acetone remov=
es the cohesive ability of the clay (or clay coatings for sand grains) and =
if it is this that is holding the fossil together (or forming a retaining s=
upport)=2C then it may cause the fossil to turn to mush

> Denver Fowler
> df9465@yahoo.co.uk
> http://www.denverfowler.com
>

>                                        =20
Lots of fantastic Windows 7 offers=2C in one convenient place. Get the perf=
ect deal for you now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9691633=