Re: Dino- [Fwd: A recommendation from a friend]

 is there any way to mask email addresses from the archives to avoid
 spam like this?

Just for the record, this is an ordinary kind of spam that I get about once a day (as opposed to lottery winnings, several times a day, and a nice percentage of tens of embezzled megabucks, about once an hour); it was by no means targeted to your friend.

The DML management is not in control of the CMNH mailing-list software and apparently can't do anything. That's also why the truncation is so clunky.

What annoys me more is that the websites of the journals I've published in don't even try to distort my address so spambots won't be able to harvest it immediately.