Re: And Your Bird Can Sing-Mesozoic theropod vocalizations?

On Tue, Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:59 AM, B tH <soylentgreenistrex@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How likely is it that they [dinosaurs] "roared" considering their kinship
> with birds?

A friend of mine used to have a parrot......not sure of the species.
It learned to roar like a lion, quite convincingly and quite loudly, I might
add.

So, faculatively, it is possible with at least one group of living birds.  But
obligatory roaring?
 Who knows?

BTW:  When avian vocalization is discussed here, I always like to point the
reader to:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/raven/RavenOverview.html

for free sound analysis software.

BTW part 2:  Have any researchers tried scaling up an avian vocalization
structure to that of one on a T. rex?

<pb>

Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.