Re: Pteros might be dinos?!? Oh no ...

The Phylocode-experts here may tell me if for phylogenetic definitions
there is a rule of priority. In the recent paper of Langer et al.
(2009) it is said that the first to phylogenetically define Dinosauria
is Novas (1992), and in this work he specifically considered this
taxon as a specifier of the Dinosauria, and according to him, also
Gauthier (1986). However, today we accept a definition without
Herrerasaurus as a specifier, by Padian and May (1993). Why is this
so?