Re: And Your Bird Can Sing-Mesozoic theropod vocalizations?

--- On Tue, 11/10/09, Phillip Bigelow <bigelowp@juno.com> wrote:

> BTW part 2:  Have any researchers tried scaling up an
> avian vocalization structure to that of one on a T. rex?

Computer sim and mention of Weishampel re lambeosaur here;

<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=dino-roar>

Not T rex, and no mention of 'syringes'. If I win the lotto, consider it done.
Sort of a giant mockingbird.

When I was a kid I recorded mockingbirds and slowed them down, easy to do on
the old reel-to-reels. They are throwing in a lot of licks you don't hear until
it is played at halfspeed.

'Twas farout, man...