Re: Pteros might be dinos?!? Oh no ...

Thanks Michael and Tim for the responses... I do not get what is an
"essential member of the Dinosauria" Those taxa which were considered
members of a larger taxon when the latter was erected?

>> Regarding the elongation of penultimate manual phalanges...
>
> This might lend support to the interpretation of heterodontosaurids as
> omnivores, which included small prey in their diets.

Or that they grasped other things, or that they fought with these
hands kangaroo-like, or just retained an ancestral trait...