Re: FW: New BBC series research

What I've already written is about all there is to know, sadly.  It's
a very complete (by British standards) sauropod from the Wealden
Supergroup, but because it's in private hands it's not been published
on, nor even looked at much.  Blows (1995) referred it to Eucamerotus,
but his conception of that genus is not particularly well-founded and
I don't necessarily trust his referral.  At the moment, all that can
be said with confidence is that it's a sauropod.

Some parts of it have been on loan to the Dinosaur Isle museum on the
Isle of Wight for the last ten years or so, and are displayed in a
bizarre wall-mount wherein they are embedded in fake matrix to look
like an idealised dig-site.  It's not easy to make much sense of the
material in that context, but I did once notice that the scapulae are
strap-like, like those of Apatosaurus.

We all hope that some day soon that specimen will make it into the
ownership of a museum where it can be studied (ideally by me!)