Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:38:54 -0500
From: tholtz@umd.edu
To: dinosaur@usc.edu; VRTPALEO@usc.edu
Subject: Just out: Cretaceous Crocs of the Sahara

http://pensoftonline.net/zookeys/index.php/journal/index

(And when I mean "just out", I mean "I hit the refresh screen and the table
of contents changed")

ZooKeys 28 (Special Issue)
Cretaceous Crocodyliforms from the Sahara
Paul C. Sereno, Hans C. E. Larsson

Abstract

Diverse crocodyliforms have been discovered in recent years in Cretaceous
rocks on southern landmasses formerly composing Gondwana. We report here on
six species from the Sahara with an array of trophic adaptations that
significantly deepen our current understanding of African crocodyliform
diversity during the Cretaceous period. We describe two of these species
(Anatosuchus minor, Araripesuchus wegeneri) from nearly complete skulls and
partial articulated skeletons from the Lower Cretaceous Elrhaz Formation
(Aptian-Albian) of Niger. The remaining four species (Araripesuchus
rattoides sp. n., Kaprosuchus saharicus gen. n. sp. n., Laganosuchus
thaumastos gen. n. sp. n., Laganosuchus maghrebensis gen. n. sp. n.) come
from contemporaneous Upper Cretaceous formations (Cenomanian) in Niger and
Morocco.

Zookeys is a new online zoological taxonomic journal.

(Tip of the Hat to Hans Sues, you warned us to keep an eye out for something
fossil reptilian in this journal this morning.)

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Fax: 301-314-9661

http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
Fax: 301-314-9843

Mailing Address: Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Department of Geology
Building 237, Room 1117
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742 USA

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

--
Jâutilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privÃs.
Jusquâà prÃsent SPAMfighter a bloquà 7622 courriels spam.