Re: Morrison dinosaur replicas

A personal affordable favorite of mine has always been The Boston Museum
of Science collection made by Battat.
Out of production, though, so hard to find.

Safari seems to dominate now.
They are generally good - with early issues such as chubby sauropods
and upright theropods].  Latter stuff or re-tooled species seem to have
gotten better.
There's a "Safari Limited" and "Carnegie Collection by Safari".

Schleich has some fair examples of critters.

Lastly, I've got five great figures from a collection by Papo.  They
are pricier, larger, with amazing detail and paint jobs.  Cool
Allosaurus and Stegosaurus.  (The Cretaceous Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops,
and Spinosaurus are based heavily on Jurassic Park, however. . .)

---

James E. Whitcraft
Graphic Designer/Photographer
260-481-6522

University Relations and Communications
Support Services Building, Room 127
Indiana UniversityâPurdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN  46805-1499

>>> "James Farlow" <farlow@ipfw.edu> 11/20/2009 11:39 AM >>>
A query for the collectors on this list:

Any thoughts about who offers the best deal, in the compromise between
cost and quality, of dinosaur replicas?  Carnegie?  Safari?

I am specifically interested in Morrison beasts