Re: dinosaur-inspired creatures in AVATAR

It's not your eyesight. The whole 3D thing is a gimmick to
try to get more people into theatres. Hollywood is getting
desperate. Unfortunately, as P.T. Barnum noted, there are
plenty of people who are willing to do things like wearing
plastic eyeglasses while they watch a movie. "3D" should be
a warning *not* to go see a particular movie. I'm keeping
my fingers crossed that JP4 will not be in 3D.

As for Avatar, what if you download it and watch on your
computer--is it still 3D then..?

Oh hey, it's just about time for dessert here.....

On 26/11/2009 5:33:08 AM, James Whitcraft (whitcraj@ipfw.edu) wrote:

> I am a tremendous movie nut AND dinosaur fan, but I have to say the
> whole 3D thing seems way overblown as a priority.  Maybe it's my glitchy
> eyesight.
>
> Give me a good STORY any day!
>

> ---
>
> James E. Whitcraft
> Graphic Designer/Photographer
> 260-481-6522
>
> University Relations and Communications
> Support Services Building, Room 127
> Indiana UniversityÃââPurdue University Fort Wayne
> 2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
> Fort Wayne, IN  46805-1499

> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, B tH wrote:
>
> > http://www.avatarmovie.com/
> >
> > Various ptersaur-like and theropod-like varmints.
> > Movie will be in 3-D - you get the glasses at the door.
> > Cameron should turn his thoughts to a real dino flick.
>
> Show of hands - how many would go to another Jurassic Park movie if
> it was in 3D regardless of the plot (or lack thereof)

"A mind is like a parachute--it only functions
when open."
                                 - Thomas Dewar