Re: dinosaur-inspired creatures in AVATAR

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, James Whitcraft wrote:

I am a tremendous movie nut AND dinosaur fan, but I have to say the
whole 3D thing seems way overblown as a priority.  Maybe it's my glitchy
eyesight.

Give me a good STORY any day!

It's not a priority so much as an "evolutionary" next step in cinema. You
can have a bad story in 2D, and a bad story without any CGI.

Our town only recently got a 3D capable screen at the local movie
house. Christmas Carol was very impressive.  They ran ads for Avatar and
Alice in Wonderland, also impressive.

The next step will be to have 3D without needing glasses.