Re: Dragon's Paradise Lost - re-planting KD's in Oz

On Thu, Oct 1st, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Augusto Haro <augustoharo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, what if we just take some animals in danger of extinction and
> raise them as pets (more useful for small or non-carnivorous critters)
> instead of cats and dogs?

Tamed Komodo monitors could actually make quite good pets. There's one at
Taronga Park Zoo in
Sydney called Tuka who particularly likes a scratch around the ears from his
human keepers.

He was captured wild in 1983, and spent about 10 years in an Indonesian zoo
before moving to
Sydney. Imagine how friendly a captive-born and hand-raised Komodo monitor
could become.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/indepth/scales-never-lie-for-this-dragon/story-e6frewri-
1111114930090

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist                Australian Dinosaurs