Re: Komodo Dragon venom -

> Monitors in general are unusually intelligent
> reptiles. I'd trust a tamed monitor more than a tamed
> python any day.

I agree, when I was about 12 or 13 I got bit by a Boa constrictor, maybe it was
a python, my memory isn't too good regarding that detail.
But I assume a boa is about as trustworthy as a python.
It was holding it while its cage was being cleaned.
I suppose I was partly at fault for not having showered and changed clothes
after handling pet cats.
Anyway, it decided my arm was prey, and bit me, it held on for several seconds
before giving up.

Granted I've never dealt with monitor lizards, but as far as snakes go... if I
was smaller and that "pet" snake was bigger, who knows.
I wouldn't leave them around babies, thats for sure.