Re: "Tame" croc...

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Erik Boehm wrote:

That guy's insane.
You never know what an animal like that might do!

Didn't realize that species got that big

I suspect he keeps the croc well fed. That would explain the large size
- I assume a well fed croc gets bigger than the typical croc in the wild. It would also help explain why it is so docile, its stomach is probably full of food before he does his shows.

How active would it be on a full stomach? Or do crocs keep eating as long
as there's food?

The guy spent 20 years with it - there has to be some degree of habituation - I don't think "bonding" is the right word - going on...