Re: Herrerasaurus - a sauropodomorph, really?

Yes, if I remember correctly, "cladistics" was a derogatory term
invented by Ernst Mayr, and early people employing cladistic
methodology and only naming monophyletic groups called their approach
phylogenetic systematics. However, "transformed cladists" proudly
embraced the term.