Re: Stan Winston/Jurassic Park Auction

In a message dated 10/4/2009 2:01:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ddkrentz@charter.net writes:

<< Sweet mother of God!  Forget Jurassic Park! A Willis  O'Brien puppet
from Hollow Mountain!  '>>

I'm sorry to have to crush your great joy, Dave, but  the puppets are by
Henry Lion. They were used in replacement-style animation  like George Pal's
puppetoons. Here there were enough rexes for a complete walk  cycle. No hands
on animation. In other scenes an articulated stop motion model  was used
said to be the armature of the original Gwangi (which was stripped down  and
rebuilt into the crappy hero puppet). I don't think that this armature is in
the auction. The producers bought the old Gwangi from O'Brien and used his
story  ideas (Dinosaurs+Cowboys being petty standard for O'Brien) and that's
about it.  Obie was shut out of any actual animation and it shows.
I  remember being very disappointed when I finally saw this elusive flick.
It did  star one of my favorites, though, Guy Madison, who I'd been watching
for years  on Saturday mornings as Wild Bill Hickok. I can almost taste
those Kellogg's  Sugar Corn Pops right now! Hey, Wild Bill, wait for me!  DV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isY39VD7ijY&NR=1